Selected Peer Reviewed Publications
1. Phillips KF, Santos E, Blair RE, Deshpande LS. Targeting Intracellular Calcium Stores Alleviates Neurological Morbidities in a DFP-Based Rat Model of Gulf War Illness. Toxicol Sci. 2019 Jun1:169 (2): 567–578.
2. Phillips KF, Deshpande LS. Chronic Neurological Morbidities and Elevated Hippocampal Calcium Levels in a DFP-Based Rat Model of Gulf War Illness. Military Medicine, Volume 183, Issue suppl_1, 1 March 2018, Pages 552–555.
3. Phillips KF, Deshpande LS. Repeated low-dose organophosphate DFP exposure leads to the development of depression and cognitive impairment in a rat model of Gulf War Illness. Neurotoxicology. 2016 Jan;52:127-33.
4. Blair RE, Deshpande LS, DeLorenzo RJ. Cannabinoids: is there a potential treatment role in epilepsy? Expert Opin Pharmacother. 2015;16(13):1911-4.
5. Deshpande LS, Phillips K, Huang B, DeLorenzo RJ. Chronic behavioral and cognitive deficits in a rat survival model of paraoxon toxicity. Neurotoxicology. 2014 Sep;44:352-7.
6. Deshpande LS, Carter DS, Blair RE, DeLorenzo RJ. Development of a prolonged calcium plateau in hippocampal neurons in rats surviving status epilepticus induced by the organophosphate diisopropylfluorophosphate. Toxicol Sci. 2010 Aug;116(2):623-31.
Selected Book Chapters
1. Deshpande LS and DeLorenzo RJ, Ion channels, membranes, and molecules in epilepsy and neuronal excitability, In Pediatric Epilepsy: Diagnosis and Therapy 4th edition, J.M. Pellock, et al., Eds. 2016, Demos Medical Publishing. p. 31-46.
2. Blair RE, Deshpande LS and DeLorenzo RJ, Endocannabinoids and Epilepsy, In: Cannabinoids in Neurologic and Mental Disease, L. Fattore, Editor. 2014, Elsevier/ Academic Press, San Diego, CA. p. 125-172.
3. Deshpande LS, Delorenzo RJ, Mechanisms of levetiracetam in the control of status epilepticus and epilepsy, In: Role of Intravenous Levetiracetam in Acute Seizure Management, B. Kirmani. 2014, Frontiers Media SA. p. 25-29.
4. Deshpande LS and DeLorenzo RJ, Basic Mechanisms of Neuronal Injury from Seizures and Status Epilepticus, In: Encyclopedia of Basic Epilepsy Research, P.A. Schwartzkroin, Editor. 2009, Academic Press: Oxford. p. 105-114.